Yesterday was Dr. Seuss' birthday so today kicks off Dr. Seuss week! Elementary schools all over the nation celebrate the works of this great author, but there's so much you can do at home. Not crafty? No worries; there's lots you can do without making a signature red and white stripped hat (although that can be fun for the younger kids). If you are crafty, keep reading and I'll link you to some more great activities that will help you celebrate!
** Read the Rinnagade Top Ten Picks:
- Oh, The Places You'll Go!
- The Sneetches
- Yertle the Turtle
- Cat in the Hat
- The Lorax
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Horton Hears a Who!
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street
- If I Ran the Zoo
**Shop Target for a great selection of Seuss books for $5!
**Watch "In Search of Dr. Suess" for an awesome look into the life of Seuss beyond books. There's even kid-friendly info on WWII and racism. We bought our copy at Target for $4!! (No, this is not a pitch for Target, I'm just very excited about this sale!)
**Participate in NEA's Read Across America
- Plant a Truffula Tree with me!
- Dr. Seuss Bingo Game Free Printable
- Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!
- The Lorax Nutter Butter Cookies
- Dr. Seuss Birthday Cupcakes - Cat in the Hat
- The Lorax Flower Pot Craft with Truffula Tree Accents
- Cat in the Hat Pancakes
- And to Think that I Saw it on Mulberry Street Unit Study